Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Humming a Little Movie Music

Slice 6


Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers
for hosting the 9th Annual SOLSC

As I shared yesterday, our house is full of Lego Star Wars fans! And reading about focusing on sounds made me think of this slice...

As I pushed the shopping cart around in the school supply aisle of Target, Natalie, who's become obsessed with Star Wars, asked if we could hum the Star Wars theme.  She knows it well by now as it's on all of our iDevices, in our cars and on Lego Star Wars.

So I obliged and we started humming it together...

Another lady shopping in the aisle next to ours must have heard us.  She came up and shared, "Thanks a lot!  Now I'm not going to be able to get that song out of my head all day!"

Nat and I smiled!  "We can't either."

Sometimes the catchy tunes we hear leave a lasting impact-connecting and re-connecting us to those visual scenes we remember for a lifetime!  Ahh, the beauty of composers' creations in movie soundtracks!


8 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how we connect to those catchy tunes?! So true

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happens to me all the time! Love that you took the moment to capture this as a slice of life. Maybe today will be a new tune!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this image of A Capella Moms and Kids, humming soundtracks by the stationary aisle now ...
    :)
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. My granddaughters hum that song too, but I love that Nat asked if you could hum it right then! I hope the woman with the comment did it with a smile! FYI-there is a Darth Vader bunny on the Easter aisle at my grocery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it takes a tiny snippt to plant a tune in a head. I think it's cute that you were ready to hum together while shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can remember my sons baiting me when they were young. They would drop a casual line like, "Look, all the leaves are brown" and just wait for me to start humming California Dreaming! You will always remember that Target scene and enjoy a little private chuckle and a good hum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you find yourself sining them too in school? One time I "sang" a tune from Wicked. The kids thought I wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big Lego Star Wars fans in our house too!

    And now I have that tune in my head :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.