Special thanks to the Two Writing Teachers
for hosting the Tuesday Slice of Life!
Girl Goes on Playground Tour with Dad!
|Made with the Pic Collage App via ipad!|
Close your eyes (not yet) and imagine being at your favorite parks from when you were a child (now). What do you see? Picnic tables, slides, waterfalls, trees, sun and sand to mention a few?
What Nattie saw...
- a worn and weathered picnic table where she sat to eat her packed lunch at the park preschool
- a slippery slide newly placed where the old steel pole and metal sliding board once stood
- a wooden trail down to the basin of the Gorge where only muddy trails once existed
- a sand digger to sit on and manipulate where only a giant sandbox once was
- a rock climber where only rusted swings once swayed
I didn't go on the tour but it made me think about my favorite parks. One of them was just across the street from my elementary school. I played many games there and even camped there for Girl Scouts. I remember venturing on snipe hunts! I loved running up and down the hills...chasing squirrels up the tall trees. I remember cooking in the covered shelter and having picnics with my friends. I remember hearing kids laughing and screaming breathless as they tagged each other. A great place to enjoy nature's blessings.
What memories do you have of parks from your childhood?