Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Heart Healthy Habits

Join in the Celebration Link-up via #celebratelu on Twitter 
or at Ruth's Blog-Discover Play Build today!

Take a look at this picture below:


Yes, it's large!  It's large because this is a big celebration!  For the past 16 days, I've been doing better.  Better with:
  • eating a healthy breakfast of either oatmeal (with skim milk) or cheerios (with skim milk).
  • trying to drink more water, downing two of these or so water bottles per day
  • and (drum-roll please) I've rejoined the rec center to exercise (9 visits in the last 14 days).  
Yay!!

The healthier me is a happier me.  I see what my dad is going through lately with his health problems and I know that I don't want to end up with Type II Diabetes...I hate seeing what's happening with his circulation, blood sugar and breathing as well as heart problems.  I want to live a healthier life.  I've made changes and I know the payoff is great.

So here's to celebrating heart healthy habits!  What healthy habits can you celebrate?

6 comments:

  1. I go to Curves, Amy, and love the 'doing" along with the camaraderie there, keeps me returning! I'm a big cereal eater too, with lots of blueberries. Good for you for making these changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the knowing is there but the doing is hard to follow. Congrats to you for commitment to healthy habits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very healthy celebration! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you Amy! I always think summer is the best time to get those good habits under control. You'll feel better going into the new school year. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so true that the healthier me is happier me. Thanks for this reminder to focus on heart healthy habits (love that alliteration)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to let this inspire me.....

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.