Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Girl Scout Cookie Time

Slice 14 of 31
#sol15
for the Slice of Life Challenge
(writing & posting your slice) every day for the month of March
Thanks to Stacey, Tara, Anna, Beth, Betsy and Dana
for hosting!

Ding dong!  Ding dong!  Surprise!

"Hi, would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?"

"Would I?  Would I?"  (should I?  my hips say no but my heart says yes!  Heart wins!)  "Yes, I would!"

"Here you go, here's the order form."

"Ok, where are those peanut butter ones-oh, yes, the Samoas.  Those are my favorites!"

"Thank you, Mrs. Rudd!

"You're welcome"

I can't wait for my cookies to be delivered.  On days like today, I want to eat the whole box and cry about it later...

8 comments:

  1. I can relate. A few years ago I bought two boxes of the same kind from a student. When they arrived I opened the first box and brought them to team meeting to share. My team, which consisted of about five teachers at the time ate about a quarter of the box. I, on the other hand, ate the rest in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't buy any this year. I just had to say no and I'm kind of regretting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never so no to children who are selling things, especially Girl Scout Cookies! The Somoas are my favorite. I ate the entire box I bought as soon as I got home with them. Some things are inevitable and yes, I cried about it later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for Girl Scout cookies! I will gladly spend an hour on the treadmill for a few Thin Mints and Caramel Delights/Samoas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far, I have been able to resist temptation. If I try to eat just one, I end up eating the whole box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, your ending is so humorous but a reality for many of us. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet of you to help them with their fundraising!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the heart vs hips. So true but we support those girls, right? So I guess we will have to eat the cookies :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.