Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Invitd-Girls Movie Night & Delicious Food

Join the Community at Two Writing Teachers
for hosting the Slice of Life each week!

Invited?  Girls Night In?  A Movie?  Food?  Just Moms-no hubs, no kids?



I could hardly wait to let my friend know that I was able to attend the Girls Night In!  And then, the dilemma came-what food should I bring?  Indian?  French?  I am no Martha Stewart in the kitchen so this would be a challenge...I lamented for days...

Finally, I told Anna-"Just please assign me something-I have no idea what to make!"

She suggested, "Bring a side!"

I thought-ok, this can work.  I trekked out to our new Giant Eagle Market District!  What an experience.  It is definitely not the normal grocery story excursion.  I had pinned and googled French side dishes all day.  I finally came up with this potato recipe from Williams Sonoma-everyone liked them so I decided to share them with you too...





The food, fun and fellowship along with watching the good movie (which I found out is based on a book that I now have to read) made for quite an evening "in".  Our evening ended with a perfect slice of dessert! Eclair cake!   Here is that recipe:




Happy future eating and movie watching...I hope you can find joy in the cooking.  I know the dessert for sure is a three star experience!

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really fun evening! My book club read this book a couple of months ago, but it was a super crazy month and I never finished. Now I want to go back and read it, then have an evening like this. Your two recipes sound terrific- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I have recently joined two book clubs, so maybe I will suggest something similar for the future....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a marvelous evening, Amy. Thanks for the recipes, too! I know more than one person who will like those potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I'm reading these recipes as I eat my ramen noodle/miso soup lunch...now I feel rather sorry for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great girls night! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect movie for your foodie adventure Amy. I'd recommend Chef for another. One of my new faves! Love your images and recipe shares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now THAT sounds like FUN even for us non-foodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun evening! And those recipes. YUM! Will have to try the potatoes asap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good post....thanks for sharing.. very useful for me i will bookmark this for my future needs. Thanks.
    order online food delhi

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.