Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Full of Joy and Blessings

Thank you to Ruth Ayers for the Celebration Link Up
at her blog, Discover Play Build
Head over there and link up your Celebration too!

So many blessings to celebrate this week...I'm giddy with happiness as I write today's celebration.  

Snow Day-A surprise snow day due to icy conditions on the roads.  The temperature hovered around freezing at just the right time to make the roads slippery and dangerous.  Since I was able to stay home, Nat and I suited up in our snow clothes and hurried out to play in the snow.  You can read more about our adventures here.


Football-The Ohio State Buckeyes went 2/2!  Not only do they have the best damn band in the land, they have the best damn football team in the land-as they won the National Championship Title by beating the Oregon Ducks!  We are so proud that an Ohio sports team finally has something to celebrate.  My big take away from this win and watching the Buckeyes this season is coming together as a team and can help over-come just about anything.  We won with a third string quarterback and a virtually unknown running back (at the start of the season).


Book Birthday-Celebrated book birtdhay with Kate Messner and the launch of #59reasons!  You can read more about her book launch here and here.  Besides the idea that this book could be an awesome tool for professional development and teachers learning to write, I am also excited because Kate included my reflection from the Teachers Write Summer Camp in Chapter 12 Time to Reflect.  I feel so honored.  Thanks Kate and Stenhouse for deciding to include my reflection letter!


Slicing-Writing my slice and having time to read others' blog posts was great fun.  It was great to catch up on what everyone in the slicing community has been up to over the past few months.

A Day off!  -What could be better?  A day off for inservicing 6 hour options in the Fall.  I felt  relaxed and played on twitter and blogs!  I also took Nat to see Disney's Frozen on Ice.  She loved every minute of it!

Movie Night-Besides the joy of being here to celebrate writing with you,  I get to go to the "Girls Night In" for dinner and a movie with girl friends!

What an awesome week...so much to be thankful for...What are your blessings this week?

4 comments:

  1. That must be an amazing feeling to be included in a book- cool! I haven't heard of that book, thanks for the links. I am adding it to my list.
    Aside from the fact that as a Pac 12 fan I was rooting for Oregon …your week sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had a good week. To be mentioned in a book is a big deal. I am happy for you. And I can't wait to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I am so glad that your celebrations were so positive and uplifting this week. Girls Night Out, movies, Frozen, basketball, and writing are all home runs in an engaged week. Enjoy the long weekend. (I am going to check out Kate's link.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts always make me smile! I think it's the blend of simple family pleasure, sports events, and deep professional commitment that just seems to be YOU. What an honor to be mentioned in Kate's book.....guess I better order that one right now!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.