Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Celebrating Celebrating!



Thank you to Ruth Ayers for hosting the Weekly-#Celebratelu at Ruth Ayers Writes

Happy Minion
click the link "Happy Minion" to play 24 hours of Happy by Pharrell

I'm happy!
I'm happy because I have been doing a lot of celebrating this week!  Thus, my post title-
"Celebrating Celebrating"!

A big celebration of this week is that my hubby found a new position with a great company just down the block from where I work.  He sadly said "good-bye" and "good luck" to his colleagues that are moving on to Pennsylvania with PPG but gladly knowing that we wouldn't have to worry about commuting or even moving there...so long PPG, hello new company!  He starts at his new place of employment on Monday!

Another celebration this week was being a part of the Lebron James coming home to Akron Welcome Home Event.  Last Saturday, I helped out with renovation of one of the ten yards of his Family Foundation picked to revive.  It was amazing how the yard transformed in such a small amount of time.  The family was so excited and thankful to be a part of the event.  I hope Kennedy loves her new backyard!  The big event was last night and since I was able to help I got tickets to be on the field with all the kids of Wheels for Education.  It was amazing!  I am blown-away by how generous Lebron James has been with the Akron Community.  Kameron was able to be on the field with me and I know this is a special event he will always remember.

I am also celebrating 18 years of marriage this week with my wonderful hubby Kev.  We got to go out on Thursday to celebrate our anniversary!  We ate at the Burntwood Grille which was delicious!  We then went to hear a jazz band at the Akron Art Museum and finally went for dessert at Crave!  We enjoyed the whole evening outside as it was a gorgeous night with perfect weather!

I am also celebrating my little guy turning 10!  Ten years ago, I was in labor at this moment-praying and hoping that the delivery of my first born would all go smoothly...he was finally born at 10pm that night.  So here's to my little man-growing up much too fast right before my eyes...Happy Birthday Kam!

And, last but not least, I'm celebrating over a week of re-joining the Rec and heading out to exercise-mostly fitness walking (almost jogging) 5 of the last 9 days.  Exercising is making me feel energized...it's been great!  I need to get it into a more routine process but I'm sure that will come with returning to work next week.  Yes, my summer vacation is officially ending tomorrow...it's ok because I've been celebrating celebrating!




9 comments:

  1. What wonderful celebrations for you this week! I saw the Lebron event on our news last night in Milwaukee. How awesome it is that you were a part of that!
    Jennifer
    Sweet Writing Life
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible week of celebrations, Amy! New jog. Lebron James. Anniversary. Birthday. Exercising. Lots of smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great celebrations! My husband is starting a new job on Monday too after 30 years in banking. Good luck to both of you! Congrats on the anniversary and birthday! Life celebrations are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your husband's new job! Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday to your little guy! WOW! I can feel the excitement through your words!! Thank you for sharing!! :) (P.S. You've inspired me to go for a walk today!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on so much, Amy, the new job (wonderful that you're close to each other), the LeBron James night (special-I didn't hear about it-too far away I guess), your son's birthday (terrific double digit day), & exercising (so good for you). Sounds like a good start to your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great family celebrations! Glad you had a joyful busy-ness this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your title - thanks to Ruth who brings all of us together to celebrate. Birthday, anniversary, welcome home to LeBron, walking (almost jogging), a new job for hubby. Congrats on a great week & a positive attitude toward the end of your summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also celebrating my anniversary. 32 years for us. Happy Anniversary! And school is starting for me, too. Time to get ready cause here they come!
    I am forming my ELA lessons around Wonderopolis this year. How did you get the button on your site? I'd like to add it to mine.
    Here's to more celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of great things to celebrate Amy. Congratulations on your anniversary. I hope your husband loves his new job and Happy Birthday to Kam. Our kids grow up so quickly! We start back next week too it's hard to believe that it' that time already. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.