Slice 8 of 31
these blog hops!
Today, Day 8 SOLSC, and Celebrate Saturday, I am celebrating mini-slices, all 6 of them...
1. I made it through two days of flying solo as a parent. My hubby had to travel for work so I had the kids to manage myself on Monday and Tuesday (and I still sliced! Ya hoo!) I got a heavy dose of having to handle the worries myself and I managed. It wasn't perfect, but we made it. Also, I have a great appreciation for single parents who do this every. single. day. You are awesome!
2. I wrote, sliced and commented 6 out of 7 days. The day I missed, unfortunately, was a day I needed to be with my parents because of difficulties with my mom. I was simply mentally out of gas after that day to pull off writing and commenting.
3. My little girl officially became a "pre-schooler" as she moved from Toddler 2 to Pre-school 1 at daycare. She's handled it beautifully and loves her new room. Her favorite thing to do there every morning is to get a close-up of the fish tank and get a look at the turtle, crayfish and goldfish.
4. Kam has worked hard at school to bring his grades up. He had 5 tests this week and got A's or B's on all of them. So proud of him and the work he's put in to help his grades improve.
5. Things at work settled a bit. Teachers were in a frenzy about MAP testing and then yesterday, the decision to move the test to May seemed to calm everyone's nerves a little. And two of the teachers and classes I work with were blogging this week. So proud of them!
6. My hubby and I met to celebrate his birthday for happy hour on Friday. We enjoyed each other's company and the warmth and sun that came with a break in the weather. I think Spring is just around the corner. My car thermometer said "55" yesterday.
Happy Slicing Celebration Saturday! I am thankful this week. I feel blessed to have experienced a full and exciting week of learning and reflecting.