The blogging challenge has been making the rounds from what I understand via Julie's post on her blog (which can be read here). I am excited to take this challenge in the midst of participating in the #nerdlution challenge as I work towards writing more anyway. I struggle to let my light-hearted silly side come out unless I know someone well...letting my guard down makes me nervous...so here goes:
Here's how the Blogging Challenge Works:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger creates for you
4. List 11 bloggers
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they've been nominated. Don't nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
Here is my blogging challenge response:
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
1. When I was born my mom wanted to give me a little name so I was named after Amy Joy Doughnuts (Amy Jo) and got the nickname "Little Doughnut"
2. I rode on "The Ice Train" at the Disney Icecapades when I was four years old!
3. I recited a little poem at the Mogadore Festival when I was five and won the Little Miss Mogadore award.
4. I lost the same front tooth twice in crash accidents (once riding a tricycle and once roller skating)-it's amazing I still smile to be honest!
5. I'm a southpaw!
6. I got honorable mention in our local newspaper design an ad contest in 8th grade.
7. I thought I wanted to be an art teacher or graphic designer when I first entered college.
8. I am a middle child (girl between two boys and and my mom and dad call me the rose among two thorns). Does this explain it all?
9. I'm blessed to attend a wonderful Catholic Church where we have an awesome priest (Father Neil-thank you).
10. I love drinking coffee(so happy to get a Keurig for Christmas).
11. I love creating things, scrap booking, gardening and giving gifts to other people.
11 questions Julie created for me to answer...
1. What does online learning mean for you?
For me, online learning means connecting with people whom I can learn from to learn more about topics of interest. Online learning provides opportunities to grow in areas of interest through exploring curiosities that before the invention of the internet would have ended when the book closed at the library. Now the learning and connecting opportunities are ever present. I love that the learning is like an extensive "choose your own adventure book" waiting to be written by the desires to grow in knowledge and "listen" to what others have to say virtually via blogs and Twitter.
2. What makes you laugh?
Things that make me laugh are silly jokes and behaviors from people in my family, and watching Parks and Rec, episodes of Seinfeld and Friends.
3. Satellite vs. Netflix?
Neither! We just rent movies or buy them if they are that good!
4. Movie or Novel?
I would rather read the novel first and then see the movie.
5. Who is your favorite Canadian author?
I don't know of a favorite Canadian Author but my favorite American author is Nicholas Sparks!
6. If you could go on vacation any where in the world, where would that be?
Any place where there is a warm, soft and sandy beach with the ocean-reading a book and relaxing.
7. Favorite wild flower?
My favorite wild flower is the delphinium...I love the blue color! I had it in my wedding bouquet and now have it in my flower garden. (Not sure if it's truly a wild flower).
Pic of Delphinium from flower garden
8. What educational event do you REALLY want to attend?
I next want to attend the NCTE 2014 conference in Washington DC.
9. What is the one tech tool you cannot live without?
I definitely cannot live without my iPhone now. I use it for so much!
10. Hottest educational trend/author for you right now.
The most valuable educational trend for me right now is the use of Twitter to grow professionally as a learner. I love reading and learning from all that it has to offer. The stream of learning opportunities never stops flowing.
11. List three high points of 2013.
Since so much of what I'm writing about is professional these days, I will write about my professional high points:
1. Meeting many of my Twitter/Writing "Super Heroes" at NCTE 2013
2. Becoming an education blogger for Thinkfinity.org
3. Returning to my position as a School Literacy Coach
*List 11 bloggers to take on the "Blogging Challenge"
1. Chris Lehman @ichrislehman
2. Leka DeGroot @slfirstgrade
3. Margie Myers-Culver @Loveofxena
4. Barbara Phillips @wonderphillips
5. Stacey Shubitz @raisealithuman
6. Anna Panning @AnnaPanning
7. Julie Johnson @jreaderwriter
8. Ame Dyckman @AmeDyckman
9. Leigh Anne Eck @Teachr4
10. Catherine Flynn @flynn_catherine
11. Michelle Haseltine @Mhaseltine
11 Questions for the nominated bloggers to answer:
1. What's your most favorite children's book ever?
2. What's your favorite young adult novel?
3. If stuck on an island, would you rather have books to read or paper to write on?
4. What's your favorite electronic device/techie tool?
5. How do you prefer to read books, paper or electronic?
6. What do you think is an important trend in education now?
7. What's your favorite family pastime?
8. Favorite snack food?
9. Do you prefer Apple or PC?
10. Tell about 3 highlights of 2013
11. What will be your "One Little Word" for 2014 and why?
Now go forth and blog!