Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cat's out of the Bag!

Hello #1stchat friends and all of you out there in blogger land! 
A special thank you to Laura Komos and Val Ruckes for hosting the 1stchat blog
and allowing me to be a guest writer!
First Grade Rocks!-www.weare1stchat.com
 
I'm letting you in on a secret today about some great news!  But before I get to the news, I have some stories to tell...

 
As a classroom teacher, I began the year reading the Pete the Cat stories, I Love My White Shoes, and Rocking in My School Shoes.  My class begged me to read them over and over.  They love singing Pete's songs.  Then, Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons came out and we got that and read it too.  As we talked about during our Sunday evening #1stchats, kids really love the Pete stories.  Then, Pete the Cat Saves Christmas came out in late September.  The kids love this Pete the Cat just as much as the other 3. 
 
 
November was Picture Book Month and my class voted for Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes, as their favorite book of the year so far.  Whenever we read it, we keep walking along and singing Pete's song.  Seriously, if you've heard the songs before, you know what I mean.  If you haven't heard them yet, you can go to the HarperCollins Books Website and download them for free. HarperCollins Featuring Pete the Cat
 
And now, to let the "Cat out of the Bag!" Pete is going to be featured in "I Can Read" Books.  The first 2 titles (Pete's Big Lunch and Play Ball) are due out in late February, and the third title (Pete at the Beach) is due out in May.  I am looking forward to sharing these books with my students as I know they will "eat them up".  As it is right now, whenever they have Daily 5 Read to Self or Read to Someone, the Pete books are always what they want to read first.  I wonder if and hope that the easy readers will be a big hit with my students...How do you think your students will react to the Pete the Cat Easy Readers?
 
 
And now, the cat's (Pete) out of the bag!
It's all good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.