|Write Share Give|
Day 15 of 2020 Slice of Life Story Challenge
I am gratefully jumping in mid-month to participate in the month long writing challenge that I had never otherwise thought I would have time to complete. Now with being out of school for at least the next three weeks, I have an abundance of time and intend to share daily stories via my blog, The Rudder.
I am so happy to see the invitation to join in mid-month pop up in my email. I, like many others, am participating in "social distancing" at the request of our governor of Ohio. Our schools are on a three week break due to the corona virus pandemic or "COVID-19".
My slice today is about wondering:
- What are the next three weeks going to be like?
- Who do I personally know that will get the virus?
- Should I make my kids follow a strict routine each day or just let them decide?
- How will my students do?
- What other details about the virus will surface as scientists learn more?
- Am I watching the news too much?
- What can I do to help people?
My last question lead me to do a service project. I made cards for "St. Patrick's Day" to send to the nursing home. Maybe these cheery cards can be a ray of sunshine for someone who needs it most! Maybe I need it too...