Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Listening to A.T. 40

Day 10
Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers
for hosting the Slice of Life Story

Hits from coast to coast-American Top Forty


Usually on Sunday, this is what plays
Songs we remember touching us in special ways

We listen with care and notice Casey’s voice
Then smile and nod when we hear the next choice

This week’s replay from 1978
Getting excited not wanting to wait

Hearing Casey’s review of the charts
playing the radio of our hearts


Counting down from forty to one
Playback of these tunes really such fun


Songs moving up and some move down
Listening to see which song gets the crown

Moving our toes and tapping the beat
Feeling like dancing, taking it to the street

Coming down with a little affliction
When Beegees and disco were quite the addiction

Ear up close to the radio sound
Glad American Top 40 still can be found! 

9 comments:

  1. I listened to American Top Forty every weekend, often on a little red, transistor radio. I’m so glad Sirius carries these old broadcasts. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up, I listed to America's Top Forty every weekend too. Sometimes I would record the top ten so I could play them back. The dedication letters were a plus to the Sunday listening. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? I can still listen to this? That was such an exciting time and Id love to relive this! Thanks for opening my eyes - I mean... ears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your poem and it stirs so many memories of Casey Caseum (sp) and his weekend musical mornings. I'm not sure I even know what the top 40 would be anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lot of times this is playing when I am running my Saturday errands. Love me some good late 70's music! I listen to 70's rock on Pandora and my students make fun of me! But I don't care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh what a memory you've brought back with your slice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when those little blasts from the past float into my life - your post did that for me this morning. Now I want to go see if I can somehow stream American Top 40 on to my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beat of your poem, especially "Coming down with a little affliction
    When Beegees and disco were quite the addiction."

    ReplyDelete
  9. when I am running my Saturday errands. Love me some good late 70's music! I listen to 70's rock on Pandora and my students make fun of me! But I don't care Because I just love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.