Pages

Friday, March 8, 2019

I Can Only Dream of Celebrating Dad’s Birthday

Day 8
Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers
for hosting the Slice of Life Story Challenge

One of the things that brings me joy every year on this day is thinking about birthdays of two very special people, my dad and my husband.  For today’s slice I want to specially remember my dad.

I can only dream of wishing “Happy 80th Birthday Dear Dad”.  

I can only dream of how to  celebrate:  phone calls, singing, eating out for dinner and having cake and ice cream too.

I can only dream of hearing the hunky voice saying thanks and smiling that wry dad smile.

I can only dream of getting a big old bear hug-he gave the best!

I can only dream of wishing him “Happy Birthday” with a smile...trying not to cry...

I can only dream of watching him open a funny card with a silly saying about fishing-he loved it so.  I completely regret that I never got to his favorite fishing hole to chitchat the day away.

I can only dream of these things and hope  that he can see from heaven and know how much he is missed every. single. day.

Happy Birthday Daddy! I love you and miss you!


4 comments:

  1. Precious birthday thoughts! I just wrote about my mom's 79th birthday. She is still with us but we don't live in the same state. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I love your picture and my favorite line of your dream is "... know how much he is missed every. single. day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and something those of us who have lost our dads can understand all too well. I don't think we ever stop missing our dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful dreams these are. Of course he knows how much you miss him. And he misses you, too. I feel the same about my own father, too. I can only dream... but what beautiful dreams they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. Your love for your dad shines through your words.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.