Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Day 7 Lego Surprise!

Day 7
Thank you to Two Writing Teachers
for hosting the Slice of Life Writing Challenge

Walking into aftercare yesterday, I heard a plea from Natalie.  She begged me to come and see her creation.  I heard the joy in her voice.  I watched the pep in her step.  I was witness to excitement!
I wondered what it could be.

I heard the lego blocks clinking.  I heard the chatter.  I knew it must be something incredible.

The pep in her step rubbed off on me!  I hurried through the doorway as Natalie beamed from ear to ear-
"Look Mom!  Look!"

She and her friend Teron had made a Lego climber /jungle gym (for lego sized people of course).  The amazing part was that they added cars to the legs at the base to make it mobile.

There they were-all the green, red, blue and yellow blocks-arranged in the most perfect way possible to allow for lego size people to have an awesome play park.  

I wished I could shrink myself down and  go for a climb on the ladder or a ride on the slide.

I wished I could have seen the building process.  

I wished I was witness to the energy!

I'm certain it contained lots of give and take, sequencing and thought to get things just right.

After she showed me the work of art, it was time to tear it down.  Such energy breaking up, little by little, brick by brick.  Blocks now resting for the night but waiting for a new day and another set of busy hands to make a new Lego surprise!


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post! My 8-year-old son is a lego fanatic, and we are actually going to Legoland in central Florida tomorrow. I hope it is worth the (steep) price of admission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could read the sense of pride in Natalie after creating her little world. I could look at Lego worlds all day long. How inspiring for her to make the next little world...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.