Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Making it Happen

Day 2

Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers Blog


Today, I joined the 73% of Americans who report working out one or more times per week.  Yay!  According to a survey by Timex on 1,000 people from Shape.  I have to admit that I kind of lollygagged this morning getting coffee, eating breakfast and surfing the web.  

My husband asked, "You going to the rec today?"  

I promptly admitted, "Yes, getting ready soon."

I am that kind of person who likes when other people cheer me on for my successes with working out.  I think that inspires me to keep going.  So, I posted a check-in to Facebook too-letting friends and family know that I am committed to getting fit.

I am glad I went-I feel better.  I walked or jogged over three miles and went about 8,000 + steps.  My commitment to getting fit is inspired by the promise from working at I Promise.  You can read more about it here if you're interested.  I have lost eighteen pounds so far and hope to keep it going.



Today's another tally in the making it happen column.  Are you inspired by others when it comes to getting fit?




2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Good for you. Nothing says "determined" and "strong willed" than losing the pounds. You rock!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.