Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Day 8 Remembering Dad

Day 8

Thank you to Two Writing Teachers
for hosting the Slice of Life Writing Challenge



RIP Dad, miss you every. single. day.

Today would have been the day to celebrate you dear Dad, 
to celebrate you.
Instead, we celebrate you in spirit-
Remembering the good old days.  
You would be 79 today if you were 
Still
Here

Please know dear Dad, how much I love you
I celebrate you
In spirit
Remembering the good old days.
If you were here...

I'd talk to you, tell you I'm sorry for the last day
I couldn't face you
I couldn't tell you-
I couldn't see your loving eyes go dim 
But you knew-you called it-
I didn't want to believe you were leaving us 
I couldn't accept it, face it 
I waited to see you-until you were in a state of comfort care
-until you weren't able to give me a piece of your mind...

I'd get one of your dad hugs 
(only you could give)

Please know dear Dad, how much Mom loves you
She celebrates you, on good days
In spirit AND still here
Remembering  some of the good old days, not other days
To her you're still here, sometimes
If you were here
She'd talk to you!
Tell you she loves you
Say, listen to the docs!
She'd get one of your sweet hubby hugs 
(only you could give)

Here
Still
If you were here, 79 today you'd be!
Days of old-- remembering
Celebrate you in spirit instead
To celebrate you
Today will always be your day dear Dad-your day!


3 comments:

  1. Slices are a good way to remember and write about the ripples of the past.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your celebration of your Dad. I celebrated my Dad on the 5th - he would have been 101. They were such special men in our lives and I'm glad that we can celebrate their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard -- glad you slice and celebrate and remember. Sending you hugs and sweet moments of memories.
    Clare

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.