Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Day 4 Rise and Shine


Thank you to Two Writing Teachers
for hosting the Slice of Life Writing Challenge

Day 4

Rise and Shine

Peep, peep, peep Tweet
Peep, peep, peep Tweet

Hearing the bird chirping this morning as I blink away the blur of night's rest.  I stretch and yawn noticing the sun rays poking in through the windows. Sending signals that day is dawning.

I wonder and wake in a slow-slothy way noticing these small details.  I want to savor it today.

In our house, I'm frequently called "Rushy Lou".  I deserve this name!  My voice usually echoing through the stairway, hall, or kitchen,

"Hurry up!"

"We've gotta go!"  

"Snap to it!"

"Shake a tail feather"

But not today...today is a day to be more "Pokey Sue".

I'm taking my time-
nature has beckoned my attention today.  

So I sit in the quiet of the morning, still and calm.  I need it-so I can rise and shine and start a new day.

Everyone else is still asleep... 
Oh... 
the joy 
of being Pokey Sue rather than Rushy Lou.

2 comments:

  1. Love this - without a doubt I am Rushy Clare as well. I too am up early with myself and the quiet of my house. It is so peaceful to enjoy the calm before the storm. Love this line: So I sit in the quiet of the morning, still and calm. I need it-so I can rise and shine and start a new day.

    So glad I found you this morning!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to "see" you here, Amy! These leisurely mornings are the best, aren't they? Love the silly nicknames you've been assigned. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.