Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Day 24 By Request

Thank you to Two Writing Teachers
for hosting the Slice of Life

On family drives in the car, there are no rules about whose music will be played on the radio or who gets to choose.  We are usually in go with the flow mode.  

Occasionally, the children choose what they would like to hear.  Today the scenario felt just right for celebrating a slice of music put on by request.

Natalie and I hopped into the car after swimming lessons to head home.  We headed on our usual route but an unusual request was made...

“Mom, could we listen to the Beatles?” (coming from a seven year old).

Surprised to hear The Beatles by request, I quickly responded with a “Sure! We can do that!”


The song “Let it Be” played and I connected my thinking of this song with praying.  It was perfect for our drive-by request.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.