Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Sing Your Song

Join the Community at Two Writing Teachers
for hosting the Slice of Life each week!

"Keep walking along and singing your song, 
because it's all good!"  --Pete the Cat

There's lots of days on the calendar and Spring will soon be coming...but we have a day off and so we are staying home...sang Natalie.  I giggled (to myself) as I watched her standing in front of the calendar singing to herself.  I complimented her on putting those words together for a song...

"MOM, these are MY words and I am singing them for ME.  They are NOT for YOU." (she owns the whole Voice and Inflection thing!)

"Ok, I just wanted to let you know that I liked them.  You are sounding very happy about singing those words!"

"But mom, they are my words and you can't have them!"

"Ok, keep singing your song...sorry I interrupted, keep singing."

The battle of the song ended but I loved hearing her melodious random singing about everything that was going on around our house yesterday.  It made me laugh and smile...and it made me think of Pete the Cat's words.  Maybe Natalie took his advice too because she was walking along and singing HER song which I will someday share helped me find MY Slice of Life!

9 comments:

  1. Your Natalie sounds adorable! How clever of her to be a spinner of song lyrics so early in life. I hope she never looses that spirit. Stay warm!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to have your own song in your heart ... sometimes, we can even share them out with the ones we love.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete

  3. How adorable!

    We just read that book! Love it so much! Fun! Important message!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Singing her song owning her words . . . Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was drawn to the title of your Slice because mine is about music, too. I love how Slices can be about the same general topic but be completely different! Natalie sounds hilarious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! Natalie sounds like a character...a wonderful kiddo to have around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie's got the right idea: "sing your song" and you'll be happy all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy,
    I love Natalie's song and that she had so much joy in her heart she just had to sing about it. I sing when I'm happy too. I don't have a great singing voice (according to my husband) but that's o.k. because like Natalie, I sing for me. Needless to say, I can totally relate to Natalie singing "her" song. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wise girl - to know that we all need to sing our won song! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.