Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Bitstrips Help to Tell Our Story


Join the Two Writing Teachers
for the Tuesday  Slice of Life Challenge

Last week, I got into Bitstrips again. (thanks for the gentle reminder via twitter with @Dogtrax).  Here's my first comic from last Friday:

I shared my Bitstrip to Facebook and my younger brother saw this and asked me how I made it.  I told him about Bitstrips!  He created a few too.



Then, we got the cold and the snow on Saturday...I missed #dublit15 because of the roads being so treacherous.  It snowed and snowed almost ALL day on Saturday...Mike added this comic:


If the big snow would've hit during a school day, we'd have yet another snow day.  We're now at 6...and then the latest cold snap and school was called off yet again for us on Monday.  Don't get me wrong, I like my snow days/cold days.  But this is getting crazy...so I added this comic:


I am just done with this winter!  I did not choose to live in a climate that is normally sub-zero and I just can't stand it!  

Through this comic creating, I reflected... and realized that we were telling the story of our weather woes, a perfect slice.  So thanks to Bitstrips, I was able to write my slice for this week.  Hope you enjoyed the comics!


What are your weather woes this week?


12 comments:

  1. It's still cold here too! Warm enough to have school; not warm enough to always be outside. No snow anymore. I might lose it if we get any more significant snow. These Bitstrips are great, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I have to try this out. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard of Bit Strips awhile back but didn't try it. Like Tara.. got to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This winter has been the mildest in many years. I like how you experimented with comic to tell your snowy story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed a SCBWI event on Sunday since our plans from Saturday got moved to Sunday because of Saturday's snow storm. ARGH!

    I'd love to share this post as one of the BE INSPIRED posts during the March Challenge. Please lmk by this Thursday if that'd be okay. Just email me either way, please, at stacey{at}staceyshubitz{dot}com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I love your use of bitstrips to tell a story. I guess I never thought of compiling them like this. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you HAVE to try http://www.makebeliefscomix.com/. I made a some a few years back. They were so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never done Bitstrips but you make me think I have to try it! We had a rough weather weekend- ten inches of snow starting on Friday night and ending Monday. About five degrees when we went to school on Monday morning. The legislature and senate closed for the day, but we still had school! Yikes!
    P.S. Thanks for your prayers- we can definitely use them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know exactly how you feel! It's time for spring. :) I especially like your last comic with the hand coming out of the keyboard. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this new idea! I tried Nutshell last week. Now I'm going to check out Bitstrips! I DO NOT LIKE this winter; we are on day 6, as well, of cold/snow days. Now I have to teach until the second week of June! We already go in the middle of August.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen Bitstrips before... now, I'm so eager to give it a try. The final frame w/ the hand reaching out to "help" is great:)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.