Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Writer's Shoes

Last summer, I wrote more than I've ever written in my entire life...I walked a mile in my writer's shoes while I participated in the Teacher's Write virtual summer writing camp for teachers hosted by Kate Messner, Gae Polisner, Jen Vincent and Jo Knowles (each with their blogs if you click the links).  They were gracious hostesses with their time and talent...Oh, happy day, they've all volunteered to host the camp again this summer and I think about how lucky I am to have them offering their thinking and expertise to help me become a better writer.

This past year, I walked more steps in my writer's shoes as I continued to blog and slice on most Tuesdays, and took the 2013 Slice of Life Challenge in March-writing and posting each day of the month.  I felt connected to the writing community.

Another step I took in being a writer this year is through micro-blogging on Twitter.  You can read about my connection to Twitter being a professional growth playground here.  I haven't been as much of a writer here as I've been an information sharer.  I am hoping to make the transition to more authentic tweets as time moves forward.

I am looking forward to writing more this summer...here we go, stepping out in my writer's shoes and I'm not sure where this year's trail will lead me but I'm ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.