Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Noticing Fortunately and Unfortunately!

Thanks to Stacey and Ruth @ Two Writing Teachers for hosting Tuesday's Slice of Life Challenge! 

Unfortunately, Kameron's baseball practice was cancelled yesterday!  (We did the happy dance for a break from all of the action related to Little League this season!)

Fortunately, the whole family had time to go on a walk together and take Nattie for a wagon ride!



Unfortunately, Kameron wanted to ride his bike and didn't walk with us (part of the time).

Fortunately, he wanted to go off exploring on his own as he rode through the neighborhood.

Unfortunately, this made momma and dad worry.

Fortunately, he's growing up and making choices to be more independent.

Unfortunately, growing up is making momma and dad sad, sad, sad...

Fortunately, we have baby girl's growing up to look forward to also.

Unfortunately, children are born to grow up-they can't stay little forever...

Fortunately, we have days like yesterday, days to enjoy our time together as a family.

Thanks to the book Fortunately by Remy Charlip, used a mentor text idea for this post!

10 comments:

  1. I liked the fortunately/unfortunately back and forth of this slice. It feels very poetic!

    Much to look forward to with both kids, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Stacey! What a fun post idea! I might have to borrow this idea and will absolutely be checking out the book. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many things in life have this fortunately/unfortunately quality. You used it in a wonderful way here to capture parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fortunately/unfortunately structure of this piece. Loved reading the F and U combos
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the back and forth of this piece! I'll have to tuck that idea away for later! I'm totally with you on the baseball part...I would happy dance if there was a cancellation too! I find myself hoping for one evening of rain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your post on my phone earlier this week and LOVED the format. I do not have the book - yet - but I wrote my own kid friendly mentor text and am using it this week with kids as the end of the year sharing and summary of the year writing. I am also, I think, going to write next week's SOL in this form - only about the sad, sad world of how we treat our senior citizens in this era of Medicare funded "Rehabilitation". There are many reasons I follow your blog, and one of them is the resources your share! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy,
    I'm so glad I stopped by to read this. What an important message you have tucked inside this structure.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so important to try to find the positive side of a situation! Not always possible, but you did a great job staying upbeat about the ups and downs of daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very cute idea for a slice! I like how it challenges you to look for the positive.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.