Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Hey Siri

Day 5
Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers
for hosting the Slice of Life Story Challenge

Today’s been a day.  I was full on busy at work which left me feeling drained when I got home.

Luckily we had leftovers to heat up for supper.  I’ve been laying on the couch most of the night.

I have not been much of a TV watcher over the last four years especially because of taking care of my parents.  But tonight was different.  I watched The Voice, This Is Us and just finished up with New Amsterdam.  I heard a message that just clicked with me when I heard it and how much things have changed over the past few years for those who watch TV.  “Hey, Siri.  Remind me to watch New Amsterdam.”

This set off a whole “Siri’s” of thoughts...
“Hey, Siri, remind me to write my daily slice of life.”

“Hey, Siri, remind me to go to bed.”

“Hey, Siri, remind me to wake up.”

“Hey, Siri, remind me to cook eggs for breakfast.”

“Hey, Siri, remind me to take a shower.”

“Hey, Siri, remind me to dry my hair.”

“Hey, Siri, remind me to take the kids to school.”

And on and on...
Would it just be easier for our own brains to remember than to direct someone else to remember what we are trying to remember?  Just wondering...

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, but with so many things in our head, Siri is helpful! :) I love This is Us! I haven't heard of New Amsterdam though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using Siri as a timer for my grandson. He's very responsive, even telling me sometimes to set a 2 minute timer. Tonight when I thanked Siri, she replied, "My pleasure." Grandson & I got a kick out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pun: “ a whole Siri’s of thoughts.” I don’t find Siri nearly as incomprehensible as Alexa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A whole Siri's of thoughts. Ha! I might need to use her as a reminder. Now, will I remember to use her as a reminder when I need to be reminded? Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with many other comments about the golden line of your story - "A whole Siri's of thoughts". Such a clever use of words! I don't use Siri or Alexa but I do have to write things down or I will forget. So much goes through our grey matter... :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please add your thoughts.